In addition to making some sweeping goals for the year, I like to make goals for each individual month, so I can track my progress on my yearly goals a little more closely. My January 2017 goals are as follows:
- Cut back to three sodas per week.
- Walk four laps at the mall twice per week. Even with work.
- Stop buying microwave lunches. Get Subway instead, but no chips or drink.
- Write 1k for the month. Possibly on The Outpost.
- Finish flash fics if they’re not already done.
- Read two books, at least one of them new.
- Watch eight movies, at least two of them new.
- Write one movie review for the blog.
- Try to visit my brother and SIL once.
- Baking: bake macarons again, this time a flavor from the Hermé book. Bake cookies.
- Practice ukulele twice a week. Learn two nursery songs.
- Work on the Disney puzzle.
- Start the new blog (Scribe the Sky). Post at least once a week.
- Watch four episodes of every show I’m behind on. Keep up with others.
- Beat Pokémon Sun. Play more Story of Seasons.
- Clean and dust room. Decorate like you’ve been meaning to forever.
- Figure out payments for student loans.
- Save $400 if still employed. $50 if not.
As you can see, there’s a lot I want to get done this month. I’m not sure how I’ll do on some of it (like the video games goal; I don’t feel like I’ve got the time for games these days, but I’m going to try anyway). Nevertheless, I have my hopes set high. It’s a new week, a new month, and a new year. Anything can happen, and I can make it happen however I want.
What are some things you want to get done this month?